Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, pita bread. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pita is actually a very straightforward bread dough: water, flour, yeast, salt, and that’s about it. What makes it puff so impressively is the dual action of water turning to steam and the yeast becoming. Store-bought pita (like store-bought sandwich bread) is often several days old.
Pita bread is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Pita bread is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have pita bread using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pita bread:
- Take 2 cups all purpose flour/ 1 cup all purpose flour & 1 cup wheat flour
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Take 1 cup warm milk
- Make ready 1 teaspoon yeast
- Make ready 1 teaspoon sugar
Making your own homemade pita bread is both easy and inexpensive. No need to pay the grocery store Making your own pita bread is such a smart thing to do. Bread is always the same…mix, rise. An oval-shaped Middle Eastern flat bread.
Steps to make Pita bread:
- In a bowl pour 1 cup of warm milk, 1 teaspoon of yeast, and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Set this aside for 10-15mins to activate the yeast. In a separate bowl add 1 cup of all purpose flour and 1 cup of wheat flour or just 2 cups of all purpose flour, add salt to taste and mix. Now pour in your yeast mixture into the flour mix and add water if necessary. Knead into a fine dough, rub a bit of oil on the though, cover for 1-2 hours or until it double its size.
- Place a finger in the middle to check
- Cut them into pieces
- Roll each piece
- Heat the pan and put the rolled bread
- Heat one side until it’s a bit brown and turn over. The bread will rise like this. (You need a very hot oven to get the proper pocket in a pita).
- Cook both sides and your bread is ready. You can use a knife or nicely open it up with your hands to get 2 out one.
It can be opened up to form a pocket which can be stuffed with a variety of fillings. Pita bread (also known as Arabic bread and Syrian bread) is a yeast-leavened flatbread common in Our recipe is intended to make a pita bread with pockets. And originally, we cooked the pita bread. How to make homemade pita bread. This Pita bread recipe is so simple.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food pita bread recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com