Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, nimono (煮物), traditional japanese root vegetable dish. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Nimono (煮物), Traditional Japanese Root Vegetable Dish is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Nimono (煮物), Traditional Japanese Root Vegetable Dish is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have nimono (煮物), traditional japanese root vegetable dish using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Nimono (煮物), Traditional Japanese Root Vegetable Dish:
- Take Meat (choose one)
- Take Chicken thigh, thinly sliced
- Make ready Pork chop, thinly sliced
- Make ready No meat is fine too!
- Take Vegetables
- Make ready 2 carrots
- Make ready 4 potatoes
- Prepare 1 ft stick burdock root (optional but would be nice to have)
- Make ready 8 shiitake mushrooms (optional)
- Get 100 g lotus root (optional but would be nice to have)
- Take 130 g konjac (optional because it’s hard to find outside of Japan!)
- Get Soup (but it’s not a soup)
- Take 1-2 cups water
- Make ready 1/4 cup sake
- Take 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Get 1 tbsp salt
- Get 5 tbsp sugar
- Get 3 tbsp hondashi powder
- Take 2 tbsp chicken broth powder (optional)
- Make ready 3 tsp mirin (optional)
Steps to make Nimono (煮物), Traditional Japanese Root Vegetable Dish:
- Cut all vegetables into bite size pieces. The potatoes are okay being a tiny bit bigger than the rest of the vegetables.
- Cut meat into thin bite size slices. Grab a large pot that will fit everything in. In that pot, on medium heat and with a little bit of oil, cook the sliced meat.
- Once the meat is cooked, throw all of the vegetables and water into the pot. Rise the heat to high.
- We don’t need that much water because we aren’t boiling the vegetables, we will be simmering/steaming them. In the hot water, add in all the seasonings like soy sauce, sugar, sake, etc.
- Give the pot a toss to mix everything evenly. Then, close the lid keep the heat on high. The vegetables are only simmering on the bottom where it is in contact with the liquid, so use something like a large wooden spoon to mix everything around, but not too vigorously or else the vegetables will begin to crumble and break.
- After some time, the vegetables will absorb the liquid and a lot of it will also be evaporated. When you notice that the liquid is getting low, add about half a cup of water again, to continue simmering the dish.
- Once all the vegetables are super soft (potatoes get sliced by a wooden spoon with ease), the dish is ready!
- Serve, and enjoy.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food nimono (煮物), traditional japanese root vegetable dish recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com