Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, doumyouji sakura mochi. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Doumyouji Sakura Mochi is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Doumyouji Sakura Mochi is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have doumyouji sakura mochi using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Doumyouji Sakura Mochi:
- Prepare Domyoujiko (coarsely ground rice flour)
- Make ready Red food coloring
- Take Sugar
- Take Salt
- Get Water
- Prepare Tsubu-an (chunky sweet adzuki bean paste), or koshi-an (smooth sweet bean paste)
- Get Salt-preserved sakura leaves
Instructions to make Doumyouji Sakura Mochi:
- To prep the ingredients: Remove the salt content of the sakura leaves by soaking them in water (for about 15-20 minutes). Divide the an paste into 5 equal portions, and roll each into an oblong ball.
- Add a tiny bit of the food coloring to 90 ml of water to produce a light pink color.
- In a heat-proof bowl, add the doumyouji-ko and pink colored water from Step 2 and mix well with a spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave at 500 W for about 4 minutes. (Adjust the cooking time according to the amount you’re making, the wattage of your microwave, etc.)
- Let the dough steam under the plastic wrap for about 10 minutes. Add sugar and salt and mix well with a spatula in a cutting motion.
- Wrap the dough from Step 5 with plastic wrap and roll into a thick bar. Divide the bar into 5 equal portions with a moistened knife.
- Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and form into a flat cake to wrap the an paste. Wrap the prepared an paste from Step 1, to make oblong-shaped mochi.
- Repeat Step 7 to create 4 more pieces.
- With the underside of the leaf facing down, place each piece of mochi on a sakura leaf, and you’re done!
- [I used the quartered doumyouji-ko bought from “cotta” (a Japanese online shopping website), and the salt-preserved sakura leaves (small) were bought from “cuoca” (a Japanese specialty store for confectioneries).]
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food doumyouji sakura mochi recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com