Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, slow cooker southwestern chicken soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have slow cooker southwestern chicken soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Make ready 3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (I like dark meat – more flavor. 🙂 )
- Make ready 6 cups water
- Make ready 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Make ready 6 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- Take 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces (I like to cut them big for slow cooking so they don’t disintegrate and still retain some texture)
- Get 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (I happened to use the Hatch chilies I roasted the other day, but they’re seasonal and sometimes hard to come by even when they’re in season)
- Prepare 1 large stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Get 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional – I don’t always care for beans in this soup – but add a 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to the recipe if you add the beans)
- Prepare 1/2 a 15 oz. can of corn (or 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels)
- Make ready 1/2 a 15 oz. can of tomatoes
- Get 1/2-1 teaspoon cumin
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Get 2 bay leaves
- Make ready 3-3.5 teaspoons kosher salt to start
- Make ready 1-1.5 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Take 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional for the cilantro haters, of course)
- Get 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional, but recommended)
- Prepare optional garnish: fried tortilla chips or strips, chopped fresh chilies, onions, cilantro, avocado, and lime wedges
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Dump all but garnish ingredients into your slow cooker and give it a few good stirs.
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or high for 5 to 7, depending on how hot your slow cooker gets.
- It’s always nice if you can give the soup a few gentle stirs throughout the cooking process, but if you can’t manage that because you’re out of the house, then you can give it a stir and adjust the seasoning as necessary as soon as you get home. This will give the soup some time to more evenly and thoroughly absorb flavor before you sit down to enjoy it.
- I like it with a little steamed rice, some chopped onions and cilantro on top, a good extra squeeze of lime, and a few lashings of Tapatío. 🙂 – – Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food slow cooker southwestern chicken soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com