Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, stale bread au gratin. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Stale Bread Au Gratin is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Stale Bread Au Gratin is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
From the simple toasted bread crumbs or French toast to a fabulous apple Betty dessert or bread pudding Stale breadcrumbs are used to create this delicious apple dessert casserole. Finding stale bread in your pantry is inevitable. But that’s not a bad thing!
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook stale bread au gratin using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Stale Bread Au Gratin:
- Take 28 slice Baguette bread
- Make ready 1 stick Butter
- Make ready 1/4 cup Flour
- Prepare 2 cup Milk
- Take 2 cup Cheddar cheese
- Take 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Get 1/3 cup Crumbled bacon
- Prepare 1 tsp Dried parsley
Add a green salad and French bread, and you have found the magic path to a man’s heart. To avoid lumps in your sauce, add the milk just a little at a time as you stir the. Arrange slices of coarse country bread, such as French or Italian bread, on a rimmed baking sheet. Pulse stale bread to make breadcrumbs, and then use it to coat chicken or eggplant for a waste-free schnitzel.
Steps to make Stale Bread Au Gratin:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice your bread or cube them. Just be sure they are thin enough to absorb the sauce.
- Place in layers in a large casserole dish.
- In a medium sauce pot melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk well.
- Once the butter and flour is blended and creamy looking, gradually whisk in the 2 cups of milk. You know it’s ready once tiny bubbles have formed along the pot.
- Then add the cheddar cheese. I like to save a bit for the top of the casserole. Whisk till all the cheese is melted.
- Next add the Parmesan Cheese. Whisk till melted and creamy.
- Pour the sauce over the bread in the casserole dish taking care to cover each slice.
- Top the slices with the bacon crumbles and dried parsley. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove aluminum and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Pull from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Then enjoy!
Also, croutons can be made […] Zucchini gratin (zucchine gratinate). Note • To make breadcrumbs, simply blitz stale bread in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Staling, or “going stale”, is a chemical and physical process in bread and similar foods that reduces their palatability – stale bread is dry and hard. Staling is not simply a drying-out process due to evaporation. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food stale bread au gratin recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com