Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, whole wheat pita. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Stir in enough whole wheat flour to form a soft dough. I used soy flour to totally eliminate white flour. What resulted was a hearty pita with a nice nutty flavor.
Whole wheat Pita is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Whole wheat Pita is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook whole wheat pita using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Whole wheat Pita:
- Get 1 cup lukewarm water
- Take 2 teaspoon dry yeast
- Take 1 teaspoon sugar
- Get 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- Make ready 1 cup wheat flour
- Make ready 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + some more olive oil
Getting the pita to puff up and also stay soft enough, is pretty easy. Here, I share with you techniques and tips to make perfectly puffy and hearty whole wheat pita breads at home. These are so much better than store bought pita and are surprisingly easy to make. The preparation time itself is short.
Steps to make Whole wheat Pita:
- Take the dry yeast and sugar in a bowl. To it add lukewarm water and leave the bowl in a warm part of your kitchen.
- Meanwhile, take the flours and to it add the salt whisk it to form a uniform mixture.
- In about 10 minutes you will find that the yeast has become frothy.
- Add the oil and the yeast mixture to the flour mixture.
- Now make a soft and smooth dough. Add more flour only if necessary.
- Spread some olive oil on the surface of the dough and let it rest for about an hour.
- In one hour you will find that the dough has doubled in volume.
- Gently deflate the dough and transfer it on a floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions
- Roll each ball and roll it using a rolling pin. Roll each ball to ½ cm of thickness.
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees centigrade. Put the rolled pitas on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 4-5 minutes until it puffs up.
Most of the time is just inactive resting time. The Whole Wheat Pita Bread recipe is very similar to the process of making the regular Pita bread. With multiple experimentations, I have come to a half and half proportion of the flours. But if you feel the need to use only whole-wheat flour, then do go ahead and experiment. This whole wheat pita bread recipe is super simple and easy to prepare.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food whole wheat pita recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com