Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, potato cakes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Come See our Unique Cake Gifts! Check out our new Mini Cake Explosion Boxes and Mini Cake Variety Packs Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. I reserved a little of flour mixture to coat outside of cake.
Potato cakes is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Potato cakes is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have potato cakes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato cakes:
- Get Leftover mashed potatoes
- Get Shredded cheese of choice
- Prepare 2 Eggs
- Get Flour
- Prepare Bread crumbs
- Make ready Oil for frying
- Get Bacon crumbles, Green onion chopped, all extra optionals(little broccoli)
Simply boil a few potatoes and mash them with a small piece of butter (I use this potato ricer) adding a pinch of salt and ground black pepper, or use leftover mashed potato if you have any. If using boiled potatoes, make sure that you chill. Some old fashioned potato cakes use flour instead of breadcrumbs. Start with a couple Tablespoons of flour and work up if needed.
Instructions to make Potato cakes:
- Heat oil in frying pan
- Add in any extras at this time to the mashed potatoes, before forming into patties. (no need to add anything extra if you don’t have it.)Take cold mashed potatoes and shape them like hamburger patties.
- Take 2 eggs and beat them
- Take potato patties and coat in flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs and fry until golden brown. When frying don’t forget to flip them. (if they fall apart a few of mine did, when coating them no big deal just reshape them in the bread crumbs that’s what I did.)
- Drain on wire rack or paper towels before severing
- Notes- use a spatula, when placing in oil. I used my hands and just picked them up and one fell apart, my 2nd batch I placed in with a spatula
Fry up the leftover potato cake in vegetable oil or butter. Mix the beaten egg with the mashed potatoes. Add the milk and mix well. The batter should be very thick. These Leftover Mashed Potato Cakes make an amazing side dish or light dinner or lunch!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food potato cakes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com