Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, potato & leek soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Walmart+ puts more time back in your day. Get it all today, at the same everyday low prices you love. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers.
Potato & Leek Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Potato & Leek Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook potato & leek soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato & Leek Soup:
- Prepare 4 Potatoes
- Make ready 2 Leeks
- Make ready 3 Mushrooms
- Take 1/2 Large Onion
- Prepare 4 Cloves Garlic
- Make ready 1 Celery Stalk
- Take 4 Slices Thick Cut Bacon
- Take 4 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
- Take Black Pepper
- Get Seasoned Salt
- Get Creole Seasoning
- Make ready Parsley Flakes
- Take Parmesan Cheese
- Get 4 Tbs Butter
- Get Half & Half
Potato, annual plant in the nightshade family, grown for its starchy edible tubers. The potato is native to the Peruvian-Bolivian Andes and is one of the world’s main food crops. Potatoes are frequently served whole or mashed as a cooked vegetable and are also ground into potato flour. Potato definition is – sweet potato.
Steps to make Potato & Leek Soup:
- Get a pot of water boiling for the potatoes immediately. Bring to a boil while washing and prepping veggies. Slowly cook bacon while preforming afore mentioned tasks.
- Remove bacon and allow to drain. Place veggies into bacon fat and sauté. Season. After sweating vegetables, add in chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then a slow simmer.
- Remove potatoes and mash with butter and Half & Half. The amount of liquid will depend on the size of the potatoes. Feel it out. Season. Add mashed potatoes to soup and whisk in.
- After brought back to a simmer, add in Half & Half. Use enough to make it change color. Chop three slices of bacon and add to soup. (If you don’t have enough Chicken Stock, you can use some of the potato water, by the way).
- Plate. Finish with parsley flakes, a bit of grated Parmesan cheese and some of the remaining piece of bacon.
How to use potato in a sentence. Overview Information Potato is a plant. The fleshy part of the root (potato) is commonly eaten as a vegetable. Potato is also used to make medicine. Did you know, potatoes are more energy-packed than any other popular vegetable and have even more potassium than a banana?
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food potato & leek soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com