Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, pulled pork pitas. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pulled Pork Pitas is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Pulled Pork Pitas is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pulled pork pitas using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pulled Pork Pitas:
- Make ready 1 kg pork loin
- Get 3 purple onions, peeled and halved
- Prepare 4 garlic cloves, whole, unpeeled
- Make ready a few peppercorns
- Make ready 1 tsp coarse salt
- Make ready 2 bay leaves
- Prepare 3 persimmons, peeled and pureed
- Prepare 5 tbsp tomato paste
- Get 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Get 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Make ready 100 g arugula
- Take 5-6 pita breads
Steps to make Pulled Pork Pitas:
- Sear meat in a hot pan. Don’t bother cooking it all the way through
- Next, pour in some water, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Add, onions, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves and coarse salt
- Cover tightly with a lid and cook for 3-4 hours on your lowest setting. Check every 15 min or so and add more liquid if it has evaporated. Turn meat halfway through
- In another pan, caramelize the brown sugar. Next, add pureed persimmons
- When it has reduced a bit, add balsamic vinegar and tomato paste. Take off heat
- Shred the meat with two forks. Add it to the persimmon sauce. Fish out the bay leaves and peppercorns. Crash the cooked garlic and onions
- To assemble: add a tablespoon of cooking liquid into each pita. Toast in a dry pan. Then, fill with a small handful of arugula, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and fill with shredded pork
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food pulled pork pitas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com