Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, ‘oyako’ don with tomato. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
‘Oyako’ Don with Tomato is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. ‘Oyako’ Don with Tomato is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
‘Oyako’ Don is one of the dishes I have been repeatedly cooking for my family, because everyone loves it. This quick and easy delicious Oyakodon is a slightly different version of our previous Oyakodon. The soft and silky egg is very delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have ‘oyako’ don with tomato using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make ‘Oyako’ Don with Tomato:
- Make ready 200-250 g Chicken Thigh Fillets
- Take Salt & Pepper
- Make ready 1 teaspoon Oil
- Get 1/2-1 Onion
- Get 1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
- Make ready 2 Tomatoes
- Get 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Prepare 2 tablespoons Mirin
- Get 3-4 Eggs *lightly whisked
- Take 2 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
- Make ready 1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
Oyako means mother and child, hence the main ingredients, chicken and eggs. This is fast easy AND delicious. I added about a tablespoon more soy sauce. It’s the closest thing I’ve found to the oyako don served at local Japanese restaurants.
Instructions to make ‘Oyako’ Don with Tomato:
- Cut Chicken Thigh Fillets into bite size pieces and season lightly with Salt & Pepper. Slice Onion and cut Tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan and cook Chicken over medium heat. When the Chicken changes colour, add Garlic and Onion, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Tomato, Soy Sauce and Mirin. As you keep cooking, liquid from Tomato should create nice sauce. Then pour lightly whisked egg over but DO NOT stir. Cover the pan with a lid until the egg is cooked as you like.
- Half fill a bowl with Freshly Cooked Rice and cover it with the Chicken mixture. Sprinkle Spring Onions over the top and enjoy.
In Japan, oyako don is probably the most popular of all donburi, or rice bowl dishes. The term literally means “parent and child bowl,” and is a reference to using chicken and egg in the same dish. With its comforting ingredients simmered in a sweet sauce, oyako don is a perfect, quick meal for hungry. It’s a Japanese chicken ‘n egg recipe, called “parent and child” (OYAKO). I learned it from my husband who is Japanese.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food ‘oyako’ don with tomato recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Source : https://www.cookpad.com